When we first received Matthew's file to review before officially accepting the referral, there was one sentence describing our son that was our favorite:
"He is an easygoing baby boy without being fretfulness except during feeling hungry."
Now, obviously that was translated from Korean to English! I did not even know "fretfulness" was a word!
Since we have met Matthew, we would have to say this really is a fair statement. He is so easygoing, very mellow and happy. Although, we would have to now add something to this statement:
"Except during feeling hungry or when TEETHING."
Matthew arrived with no teeth and today his third tooth made its appearance. His poor little mouth! Combine that with the fact that he had some kind of stomach bug this weekend and you have one sad little dude and two worn out parents on your hands. And yes, I wore pajamas all weekend (except when going to the store briefly with a friend).
But whenever I am tired, or cranky, or feel like I just want to hide under the bed for a while, I look into these gorgeous eyes and know that I am so blessed to be taking care of this little boy. Even when it's hard. And when he says, "mamamammama" (which I pretend is him saying "mama"!) it is all just worth it.

Can you see his two little teeth? Aren't they just adorable????

9 comments:
I agree, he is adorable.
Oh, poor little teething Matthew. I hope he starts feeling better soon. And good for you for having a weekend in pajamas. Those are sometimes my most favorite weekends. :-D
poor dude! i can see his teeth! i hope he's feeling better soon. and i agree with leah, it's nice to stay in pjs every once in a while!
Oh whoa...3 teeth so quickly. Ouch. Our little guy came home with 4 teeth. No new ones since then...but I know they'll be coming soon. Not really looking forward to that...patience, patience, patience. I love PJ days...so needed sometimes.
Oh, I hate when there are weeks of them not feeling well. Makes you have a mixture of helplessness and need to get out for a break! :)
Love you friend. Kiss sweet Matthew for me.
T
Totally adorable!
I hope Matthew feels better this week! What a cute pic!
Thanks for the nice words about the race! I think I'll run a 10K on Thanksgiving Day next.
what a sweetie, I want to kiss his cute cheeks
Poor teething baby. Those little teeth sure are adorable when they come in though (and incredibly sharp).
Post a Comment