Don't worry, he wasn't on my back or anything - I did have a jogging stroller :)
Today was my first time venturing out with Matthew for a run! I have been trying to keep up with the running, but to be honest it has been a struggle. The weather is turning cold, and by the time Brad gets home from work I am just too pooped to even think about heading out for a run!
But this morning I saw that the weather was supposed to be in the 60's, and when I looked outside and saw how gorgeous it was, I knew we had to attempt it!
I used to think it took me a long time to get ready to go running...add a baby into the mix and it is an all afternoon affair! Finally we headed out to the park...

I was able to get in a 30 minute run, and Matthew was able to get in a 29 minute and 30 second nap (kind of wish we could have traded places!). I love my jogging stroller and I hope I get to go out for a few more runs before it gets too cold.
It seems like everywhere I go, I am reminded of a time when I was "in the waiting" and feeling sad that I did not yet have a child. I used to go to this park and see people pushing their babies and my heart would just break, wondering when it would be me. Today I was just praising the Lord as I pushed my dear boy in his stroller, thinking of all He has done for me. For those of you still "in the waiting"...just hold on! It is so, so worth it!!!!!!!!


6 comments:
I totally know that feeling. We live near a park and I remember so many walks through the park where I thought about how I would someday push my baby through it and how I wanted that day to come.
Yay for getting a run in! It's SO much different when pushing that stroller, isn't it? WHEW!
Love the pic of him passed out in the stroller!
Glad you got in a run!
Thanks for your kind words about waiting. I can't wait to be pushing my child in a stroller (I'll probably be walking and not running. Hee hee) and thinking back to the days where I longed for this.
WOO HOO for runs with the baby! It feels so good to be out of the waiting!
For running on colder days you might want to try and find a plastic rain cover for your stroller. We've used them for both rainy and colder/windy days. Just a thought! :)
It's been fun reading about your new mommy adventures!
Hey Rachel! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I've been catching up in your story, and it is a beautiful adventure God has brought your family through! I think adoption...is amazing and the stories bring tears to my eyes. Looking forward to reading more :)
Post a Comment