Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Buddies? I think so!

We were a bit nervous about how our basset hound, Daisie, would get along with the newest member of our family, but thankfully their bonding has gone very well and I think they are going to be best buds :) Matthew was not at all scared of Daisie, and Daisie has only shown a slight bit of jealousy (when we lie on the floor playing with Matthew she brings us a toy and tries to come between us and him). But she is always gentle with him and loves to sniff him and lay next to him. Every morning when I bring Matthew out of his room I ask him, "Where's Daisie?" and he looks around for her, smiling a huge smile when he sees her.

Daisie's favorite times during the day - anytime Matthew is in his high chair and there is the possibility that food will come flying off the tray :)


Matthew loves to watch Brad throwing Daisie's toys for her and Daisie bringing them back.


This was so funny - the other day I was making a funny noise trying to get Matthew's attention to take a picture of him (yep, there are frequently strange noises coming from this crazy momma!) and suddenly I noticed that every time I made a noise, Daisie (who was sitting in the chair behind Matthew) was tipping her head from side to side trying to figure out what in the world the noise was! It was so cute!

We're so glad that we are a happy family of four now :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

aw, daisie is a cutie! i hope our dog, broch, adjusts as well as she did!

Leah said...

So cute! I love seeing pictures of your little man. And it's great that he and Daisy are getting along so well. Companions for life. That's awesome. :-D