Sunday, October 04, 2009

Korean Culture

Today marks the last day of Chuseok in Korea (also know as the Harvest Moon Festival, it is Korea's Thanksgiving). Chuseok is one of Korea’s most largely celebrated holidays. It is a time when families and friends gather to share food and enjoy their time together, giving thanks for the year’s bountiful harvests and remembering their ancestors.


Brad and I are very excited to continue to learn more about Matthew's birth country and the beautiful Korean culture. I must admit though, with everything going on lately I have not been too focused on this. Now that he is here, I really want to keep learning about the Korean culture, foods and traditions. It is important to us to keep this as part of our family, just as we keep some of my British/Canadian culture as well :)

{As a side note - if anyone knows of where to find good Korean recipes online, I would love to know about it! Thanks!}

What am I thankful for today? I'll give you three guesses!



4 comments:

Dena said...

Try this site for recipes -- http://www.maangchi.com/

I saw it tonight recommended over on jon & kelly + one blog.

jbj said...

Hey just thought I’d pass on that we have 2 Korean families here at school right now and a single gal. They love to cook and teach their recipes to others. Let me know if you want to hook up with them.!

Bethany

Bekah said...

Such a happy little guy!

Britt said...

Look at that little man - sooo cute!! Yeah for Thanksgiving!!!