When we left church this morning we realized it was a beautiful day - the sky was blue, and it wasn't actually freezing outside (the weather here has been pretty cold lately - mostly in the 40s). Since we've been feeling so cooped up inside, we decided to head to a local apple orchard/fruit farm place where we go every year. They have a petting zoo, pony rides, apple cider and donuts, and wagon rides.
In past years, it had always been a fun place to go with friends, although I must admit a little piece of me ached because I so badly wanted to be bringing our child with us. This year, my heart was full of joy to be experiencing this as a family of three!



We were so glad that Brad's brother and his wife, along with their two kids, were able to join us. We had so much fun with them! We are so glad that Matthew has lots of cousins nearby who he can grow up with!
Emma had fun climbing on a fire truck...but she didn't want to show me her face :) Trust me, though - it is an adorable face :)
Ben is just a couple of months younger than Matthew. We're sure they are going to be buddies - don't they look like they're having fun hanging out together already? :)
Emma, Amanda, Matthew and I got to go on this wagon ride. Matthew was a little grouchy at this point and I was worried he was going to cry the whole time. But as soon as we got going, he was totally relaxed and almost fell asleep!
Which is what happened as soon as we got off the wagon ride.
Such a big day - I think we wore him out!






8 comments:
Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I missed the fun.
Too fun!!! So glad you enjoyed yourselves!!!
i'm glad you were able to get out and have some fun!
Looks like a great day. :-D
I love that place!! I have been wanting to go this year - because it has been a tradition all thru college!!
Looks like fun. We'll be doing something similar next wknd with a group of friends.
I love the photo of the two little guys snuggled into their strollers. Maybe they are comparing their rigs. Cute!
It looks like fun was had by all!
fun, love the wagon rides
Post a Comment