Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Things We Do To Make Them Smile

Have you ever found yourself doing something ridiculous to try to get a child to smile for a picture?

On Sunday my parents came to meet Matthew for the very first time! It was wonderful to see them together at last and of course, the cameras were out a lot.

My dad had the camera out (not the video camera mind you!) and so my sister, Sarah, and I decided we would be helpful and act ridiculous in order to get Matthew to smile so that my dad could take a picture.

Not only did Matthew not find this amusing...

but my dad was actually taking a VIDEO!

Oops! Feeling kind of silly about that one...but of course I have to share it with the world! Oh come on, I know I am not the only person who does crazy things to try to get a smile :)

*Disclaimer - you may want to turn your volume down a bit before watching this due to some loud and fairly obnoxious turkey noises...and yes I am noting for future reference that these do not make my child smile for photographs!*


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute!!

waitingforourchild.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

too funny! "no, it's video!" HA! M's like, what in the world, Mom?!

Barry/ Amy said...

That is tooo funny!! Matthew could care less-- he is just eating away like you are not even acting crazy! :) Love it!!

Tamara said...

OH! That made my day! HA!

Amanda said...

Oh the things we do for the ones we love. You know I have always wondered what they think when we are talking and acting goofy.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your little guy acted like that was business as usual! Funny!