Sunday, October 11, 2009

First Family Picture

It is hard to believe that Matthew has been part of our family for over two weeks already. It seems to have gone by so fast, but at the same time it is really hard to remember what life was like before he was here with us. For some reason, we had not yet had our picture taken as a family of three yet - so we thought it was about time we fixed that! My sisters did a great job acting nice and goofy to get Matthew to look their way :)


And they also captured what life is really like around here...
Brad and I are totally taken with this little boy!


I woke up today feeling pretty grouchy for some reason, but tonight as I was rocking Matthew to sleep in his carrier (well, he was supposed to be going to sleep!) he kept leaning his head back and staring intently at me. This little one truly has my heart...sometimes I am surprised by how deeply I love him. I knew it would be good...I just didn't know it could be this good.


I'm thanking the Lord for my precious gift tonight.

And also feeling thankful that he finally fell asleep!!!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Isn't it a GREAT feeling?!?!
I hope you are eating these moments up! They go WAY to fast!!
Enjoy that precious boy of yours!!!

Jenny said...

you all look so happy! i'm so glad you're all done WAITING!!!!

Barry/ Amy said...

Love the first fam pic, it is perfect!!!
The moments go by fast so soak it all in!!
Thinking of you!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

loving the pictures Rachel! I also love reading about how much you are adoring being a mommy.

And thank you so much for your prayers. I appreciate it so much. I was sent home as labor stalled out completely. Dave and K are still at the hospital as K is still just not feeling well.

Megan said...

Cute pictures!

Leah said...

Such a beautiful family picture.
:-D

Janet said...

It is an incredible feeling when they stare into your eyes...and then smile. WOW! I don't want to ever look away when that happens. The baby carriers are great moments for that...because you are so close. I love it! Even when I want him to fall asleep...I still love it.

Cute family pictures. We didn't really have one of just the 3 of us either...until this weekend...we got a few. I'll have to post them soon.

Tamara said...

That IS a great picture, but it is not your first family picture. I remember taking the first at the airport. :)
Love you my friend!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Glad your baby is well now. : )That first illness is always rough. Great family pics!