Aw, man!!! Tonight my heart was set on eating a Frosty with M & M's in it. I don't know why, I just really wanted one. After praise team practice tonight, Brad and I went to Wendy's on the way home. I took one bite and realized...I couldn't eat it. My jaw has been giving me trouble this week and eating has been difficult. Which is a shame because it is one of my favorite things to do. I sadly said goodbye to the Frosty and gave it to my sister.
Because of the pain I have resigned myself to actually wearing my bite splint at night (which I am supposed to wear every night because of my TMJ but haven't been...so I kind of feel like this is my own fault!). The dentist thinks it is in the muscle and has been caused by me clenching my teeth at night (Brad says sometimes it sounds like I am eating corn on the cob while I am sleeping!). He gave me some muscle relaxors which make me...happy! And relaxed! I got a new pillow too, so I hope that will help! I can't stay away from chewy things much longer!!!!

2 comments:
Wow, that must be pretty severe pain to not want a Frosty. I think I want one now!
Oh man, you have (semi-) motivated me to wear my bite appliance now. I got one two years ago and have somehow gone from wearing it every night to possibly not knowing where it is at the moment - but not being able to eat ice cream...I better go hunt for it right now! I clench my teeth at night as well - sleep is apparently really stressful for me :)
Post a Comment