Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random Things, Part Two

The fun part about cleaning out the basement is that I know that if something does not belong to me, it belongs to Brad. I am learning all kinds of interesting things about my husband!

Apparently, he really likes hats or funny things to put on his head (I wasn't sure if that beanie counted as a hat...). Or rather, he likes to purchase them, and then keep them in the basement.

Please allow me to show you a couple of my favorites :)

Good news - we finally found the matching hat to Brad's fabulous Nascar jacket! Actually, he had two very colorful Rusty hats (I wonder which one he should wear at the airport...)


One of Brad's first statements when we started the big clean was "I'm not getting rid of my Rusty jacket". It's like he could read my mind!

Also previously unknown to me, my husband owns a cowboy hat. Which lives in our basement.

Daisie feels that this one needs to go as it has not been worn in the last four + years.

As I have been picking on Brad a bit for his "basement treasures", allow me to share one of my own that was discovered just today.

These are very special crackers...because they come from my teaching days! I used to have a box of snacks that I'd keep by my desk for when I got hungry. That means that these crackers are...maybe 3 1/2 years old.

I must admit, I was tempted to try them to see if they are still good!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Those crackers would really come in handy if you had some kind of disaster that required you to live in your basement for days or weeks even. I guess fresh crackers under 2 or 3 years old would be a better way to go though!

Kristy said...

I say rip them open and give them a try. It's not like they aren't filled with a ton of un-natural perservatives or anything.

Rachel said...

Maybe you should try e-bay for the hats! I just had a bloggy friend sell vintage bottles of Ivory Shampoo for $20 a piece! Maybe some old Rusty fan would love to have such a colorful hat! Oh wait, Maybe Brad is that guy. Hmmm.

Rachel said...

I just found another Rachel who is adopting from South Korea. Check her out @

http://inhishands-ouradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

Just thought you would want to know!

Love you!

Rachel

Tamara said...

I'm not the least bit surprised by the hats. Is he dressing up tonight? Ha!