Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Keeping Me Laughing...

I love my dear husband. He makes me laugh in a way that no one else can. No matter what kind of a mood I am in, what we are doing, what we are talking about...he makes me laugh.

Take last night for an example.

After dinner, we headed to a church that was about an hour away for an adoption meeting. It was a meeting for all waiting families, and the topic was race awareness. It was really beneficial to us and brought up some things that we have not thought about before. We did some activities and met some new friends who are also adopting (some domestic, some international). I was especially excited to meet a couple who are adopting from Korea and who hope to have their baby home by Christmas!

Anyway, all of that was besides the point. It was just a great meeting so I thought I'd share!

On the way home, Brad and I were talking (once again) about if we should travel to South Korea or have our child escorted here (when the time comes - obviously we don't have to decide today!). We were weighing the pros and cons and thinking through different aspects of it. Then we started talking about what it would be like if we had them escorted and met them at the airport.

I asked Brad who he would like to have at the airport.

I expected some kind of response like, "Our parents" or "Our families" or something along those lines.

Brad, in all seriousness, paused for a moment and then turned to me and said "Rusty Wallace."

I am laughing again just thinking about it. He said it so seriously that I just sat there with my mouth open! (For those of you who may not know, Rusty Wallace is Brad's long-time favorite Nascar driver.)

But our families don't need to worry, he quickly changed his mind and said that Rusty's commentary of the event would be much too difficult to listen to!

And all my Nascar buddies are laughing because that is SO TRUE :)

Needless to say, we did not reach a resolution on the travel/escort issue!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

My head hurts just thinking about Rusty's commentary. Ouch!! Thank you Brad for changing your mind. I am glad that you had such a good time at the meeting and with Brad. Husbands are good comedy relief.

Megan said...

How funny! I really did just have to laugh out loud about that.

Rachel said...

"Well, back when my baby arrived from Korea I decided to take him straight to the track..." Oh that would be awful!

Can't wait for that day! (minus Rusty!)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

It takes alot to make me laugh out loud when reading blogs. Congratulations my friend!