Thursday, October 09, 2008

If Only I Weren't So Cheap...

It's been a long time since Brad and I could step foot in the baby department of a store. We had tried a few times over the last few years, as a way to look forward...but it often ended with us running into some beaming pregnant couple so excited to be buying baby items and me bursting into tears. You can see why Brad might be a little bit cautious about taking me to that department again!

Tonight, though, we did some fun looking :) I feel like I have crossed over from the grief part to the excitement part and I am just overwhelmed as I look forward to bringing our little one home. I don't know why, but tonight I just HAD to look at baby stuff! I wanted to buy everything I saw! Unfortunately, I am just too thrifty, so I made a list instead. But it was still so much fun! Can't you tell from all the exclamation marks???!!!

I did want to share about the two baby items that we have. The first is a very special present that was given to us by my dear friend, Tamara, as soon as she found out we were adopting. It is a sleeper, and it is really big because we don't know how old our child will be when he/she comes home. I love it!!!! And I love her for encouraging me and helping me to hang on when the wait just seems too long.

When we decided to adopt, I felt like I wanted to buy our child something so that one day I could tell them how excited I was to bring them home, and how long I had been waiting to have them with me. I decided on this little bear, and it sits on my dresser reminding me that one day our wait will be over!

Hurry home, little one! We cannot wait to meet you!

1 comments:

Tamara said...

I agree! Hurry little one! You are going to be so spoiled!!!