This weekend was so much fun! It was a weekend with perfect fall weather and lots of good times. On Friday, Brad and I spent time with his family. We went to a parade and football game at Brad's old high school (it was homecoming this weekend). I don't care much for football, but I am so grateful that I got to spend time with people I love! I find myself often thinking how blessed I am to have such a good "in-law" family.
This weekend, we also put down some new flooring in the sunroom. (There I go again, using the word "we"!!! Well, I did help move the furniture out of the room...). We were given some indoor-outdoor carpet FOR FREE (my favorite!), so we decided to take up the "stick down tiles" (no idea what those are really called!) and put down the carpet stuff. The tiles didn't look bad but we used to have a major leak in the roof of the sunroom so they were all curling up and coming un-stuck where they got all wet.
He'd never put down carpet before, but that didn't slow him down one bit! His "fix-it" abilities never cease to amaze me!

I am heading to the store today to get some material to make some pillow covers for these nasty looking pillows I got at a yard sale a few years ago. I don't sew...but I am going to learn!!!

2 comments:
Very nice. Even nicer that it was free! That's awesome!
Rachel,
Thanks for your comment last week on my blog. I appreciate your encouragement and prayers. Being able to share this road with someone else that has walked it is truly a blessing!
I have read some of your blog and celebrate your soon-to-come-home baby! Good luck with those names, there sure are a few to choose from. May the Lord be with you and your husband as you wait, may He be with the child in a special way and may the time pass quickly. ;-)
I look forward to reading updates about your little family!
Blessings,
Liz
Post a Comment