It was a beautiful day to be watching a 5k...but a warm one to be running in it! Yesterday afternoon's race was lots of fun and I am proud of myself because I know I went as fast as I possibly could. I finished in 33:36 which is not really any faster than any past times, but I know for sure that my first two miles were faster. I ran with my friend, Cheryl, and we ran the first mile in 9:30 and the second mile in 10:30. After that it was all downhill...except for the course, which seemed to be all UPHILL! There were just lots of little hills, and we'd get done one and realize there was another one coming right up! I think if I hadn't been with Cheryl I might have walked...or laid down and taken a nap! She kept me going and I was very glad to see the finish line.
It was so great having my family there to cheer me on. I never really was the "sporty" type so this is really the first "sporting event" that my family has all been at. I appreciated them cheering me on so much.
This picture below was taken after the race...I was glad that I had prepared my family and told them that I would for sure be saying things like "I'm going to throw up" and "I think I'm going to die". They told me they were glad I warned them or they would have been really worried - because I really did say those things (and I meant them!) when I finished the race.



2 comments:
Great Job!!! I am really proud of you!
That is awesome!
Check out my blog post from today - I "tagged" you in a blog game. ;0)
Post a Comment