Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meeting a Bloggy Friend in Real Life

This is the first chance I've had to blog about my fabulous Thursday evening...so if you read Rachel, Kristy, or Wendi's blogs I realize I am too late!

For months now, I have been reading a blog called "Bring the Rain" written by a lady named Angie. I can't even remember how I found it, but I am so glad that I did. Through her blog, Angie has shared her heart as she has walked through some very dark and difficult times. Her blog often makes me cry...and laugh out loud! She is truly a gifted writer who has such an obvious faith in the Lord. She has encouraged me and helped me to have a closer walk with Jesus time and time again. And all this without me even meeting her!

So imagine my excitement when we found out that she would be coming to a church that is only an hour away! You see, her husband is a singer with a fabulous group called Selah, and they were having a concert not too far away. Rachel, Kristy, Wendi and I decided that we were definitely willing to make the trip, so last Thursday our long-awaited girls night became a reality.

The concert was...amazing. I absolutely loved the music, the harmonies, the beautiful voices, the familiar old hymns, and the chance to praise God. It was truly a blessing.



Following the concert, we rushed around the church looking for Angie. There was a lot of giggling going on and even though we realized we were being a little "stalker-ish" we continued on with the hopes of getting the chance to meet someone who has influenced all of our lives in different ways. We got to meet the members of Selah, including Angie's husband, Todd, who was not all that surprised to find out that although we really liked his music, we were looking for his wife! Apparently this is not the first time that has happened to him!

A favorite memory - we found Angie in the foyer, but there was a line of ladies waiting to talk with her! So we stood right behind her, waiting patiently, and trying not to look too crazy...



That is Angie with her back to us and Wendi ready to burst with excitement!


We finally had the opportunity to meet Angie and to talk with her a bit, and she was so great! She was so real and even funnier in person than on her blog (and if you have never read her blog, you have to check it out - she is hilarious!). We had a great time chatting with her and she didn't seem at all freaked out by us, so that was good! I loved spending time with the girls and am so glad we had this opportunity. It was definitely a memorable evening!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

It was wonderful. It wouldn't have been the same if we hadn't been able to all go together. Sharing it with the three of you is what really made it memorable. Thank you for being silly with me. I seriously thought I had cracked a rib from laughing so much. I am all better now, but WOW!!

Rachel said...

It was the best ever! Every time I think about it I feel warm and fuzzy and can't stop smiling! I, like Kristy am so glad we were able to go together. So for our next big girl’s night we will have to get together and SCRAP IT!!!

Love You!