Monday, September 29, 2008

Ticker Time!

I finally got to add my adoption ticker to my blog! For ages and ages, I have been looking forward to the time when we would start our "official waiting" - the time when we would be put on the list waiting for a referral.


Today, I found out that we were actually put on the list A MONTH AGO!!! I did not realize it, but our home study was approved on August 19th and that is when we were put on the list! And our wait officially started.

I am so stinking excited!

So, I have added a ticker at the bottom of the blog (because I'm not sure that I will always be in the mood to see how long we have been waiting!). I know that time will go by and one day, not too far in the future, we will receive a call about a beautiful baby girl or boy who will be our child. I cannot wait!!!

For a long time now, I have not really felt like I could enjoy the excitement part of adopting. I think maybe I was still grieving, and was struggling with how far away it was...but now it is becoming real and I am ready to be a mommy! I feel like I have freedom now to dream and plan and look forward to it. I picked up my knitting tonight - a blanket that I started for our baby on the night that we decided to adopt. I had put it down for a long time, but now I am realizing that I'd better get busy on it because I am a SLOW knitter and I want it to be done before our baby arrives. Tonight I almost finished square number one (of 12).


Yes, my excitement sometimes shows itself in strange ways!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow!!! That is so exciting!!! And you already have a month down without even knowing it! I am so glad that now you feel like you can really get excited! I'm praying!

Kristy said...

I am so happy that this process is moving along for you. Even when you are not aware of its moving on. I love you and will keep on praying on.

Tamara said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited. We have got some major shopping to do, girl!
You better get a move on with that blanket!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yay for tickers!!
Way to go on the blanket ~ Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

So awesome Rachel. I can feel your excitement from your words. :) I love being part of your journey!