Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So Encouraged

I am so thankful to be loved by some very wonderful people in my life. I could make a big long list of all of them, but that might take a while. Yes, I am that blessed. God is good!


Tonight was a wonderful night that really encouraged me. Brad and I went over to the house of a couple from our church who have two adopted children from Korea. Their girls are now in their twenties, but it was still so neat to hear their story and to see pictures of when they brought their children home. We found out that we have a lot in common with them and we laughed a lot. Plus the food was incredible!


Then I got home and checked the blog and my email, and I was reminded of a couple of things. I have some real friends in my life who will stick with me through the ups and downs and who are okay with me sharing or not sharing things with them. I know that they care and are there if (when) I need them. That is a rare and precious gift.


My Mom also wrote me a lovely email that lifted my heart. I am often very hard on myself and if I don't "have it all together" I feel like a failure. She is so good at gently reminding me that it is okay to not have it all together! It is good to come to the end of myself and to have to trust the Lord. What a relief that is to realize! I can sometimes get it together for like half a day, but after that... :) Thanks, Mom, for your loving words that really helped. You are the best mom ever and I hope that I will be like you when I am a mom.


Oh yes, and I must wish my Mom and my friend Kristy (aka Krispy!) a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are loved :)


0 comments: