Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Perfectly Lovely Saturday

It used to be a very well-known fact that Rachel did not get out of bed on a Saturday before noon FOR ANYTHING. The house could be on fire...and people would still be afraid to wake me up because I would be ridiculously cranky.

This morning (Saturday) I got up at 8am, had a piece of toast, strapped on my new running shoes (which by the way have almost completely cured my knee pain!) and headed out to a trail with a running buddy.

Anyone who has ever lived with me who is reading this post is gasping, I just know it.


It has been a good week as far as running goes. I ran 2 miles on Monday, 3 miles on Tuesday, 4 miles on Thursday, and 3 miles today. I think that is the most I have ever run in one week. I'm still loving it...but winter is approaching and I don't like cold, so we'll have to see what that does to my enthusiasm.

Today, Brad declared it "sweatpants day" (well, not officially, but he wore them all day long and kept saying how much he loves wearing sweatpants and how great it is that it is now Fall and he can sit watching football in his sweatpants all day...) and I spent some time scrapbooking and watching "I Love Lucy" (one of my favorites).

Around 4pm, I managed to persuade Brad to put on some real clothes (we have had the discussion many times about if sweatpants should be allowed out of the house...) and we headed to the park to take Daisie for a walk.

Next, it was on to Brad's parent's house where we watched more football and then had a bonfire. It was a perfect evening for it and his mom even brought home apple cider and donuts for us to enjoy!


After the walk in the park and playing with her "cousin", Dakota (Brad's parents also have a basset hound), poor Daisie was exhausted! We are looking forward to an uninterrupted night of sleep.


I was playing around with some of the features on my camera and managed to take this kind of interesting picture of the fire. I thought it was cool!

It's been a lovely day and now I must go to bed because Brad and I are helping in the Toddler room at church tomorrow and we are fearing for our lives :) Just kidding (sort of), but we will need our energy for sure!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, so I remember one time I asked if you wanted to go with me to a cross country meet and watch other people run on a Saturday morning and I am pretty sure your response contained no words, only laughter. This was obviously before I knew you very well! Sounds like a fun day! Cool fire picture.