I'd like to introduce you to some very special people in my life. Pastor Steve and his wife, Denise, moved here just over a year ago to work at the church. I didn't know it at the time, but they were to become dear friends to Brad and me. We are so glad they came! Working with them has been such a blessing.
Tonight a bunch of us got together for dinner to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary with a fabulous dinner at the Olive Garden. It was so much fun and I was reminded as I looked around the table of how much I have to be thankful for.
Brad and his buddy, Josh. Wow, I just realized that they both look very happy!
Me and my dear friend, Tamara (Josh's wife).
This is Pastor Glyn and his wife, Beckey. I have worked with Pastor Glyn for almost 3 years now (where has the time gone?) and we get along so well. I am so thankful to work with people who not only care about me, but take time to challenge me and encourage me in my walk with the Lord. Oh yes, and we laugh - a lot!
TOMORROW: Tomorrow morning is the big race! I am excited and not as nervous as I have been for my previous 5k runs. I got some new shoes this week and my knees have stopped hurting!!! I am so thankful and am making plans to increase my distance after this race. I think that mostly I am excited about the race because a bunch of my friends are doing it, too, and I get to run with Rachel. We have about the same pace and it is so much more fun with her. It's supposed to rain so that may add an interesting dimension to this race! Hopefully I will have a good report to post tomorrow!

1 comments:
I can't wait to hear about the race!!!
I had SO much fun last night! Thanks for posting. :)
Post a Comment