and I'm guessing a whole lot of laughter...
It's youth camp time again! As a youth leader, this used to be something I dreaded. Seriously, I have to go away with these kids ALL WEEKEND? Sleep in bunk beds and stay up late...come on, don't you know I need my sleep? We're going to play games, too, aren't we? I knew it!
Yeah, I know, truly the attitude of a servant.
This year, I must admit that my excitement about camp is just growing and growing. I get to spend ALL WEEKEND with these kids! And I can't wait! I'm still not all that thrilled about the bunk beds part, but hey, it is just one weekend. And all of the stuff that happens when we're awake more than makes up for it!
Friday night Brad and I will be heading to camp until Sunday afternoon. We have the priviledge of walking through life with these teens, being there for them and teaching them, and we do not take that lightly. We also get to have a ton of fun with them :)
We do have to leave camp a bit early on Sunday because we are going to a Korean festival in the afternoon! There will be families who have adopted, or who are in the process of adopting (that would be us!) and I am so excited to go and try Korean food and learn more about this beautiful culture. I will hopefully have tons of pictures to post when I return. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
Have fun!
I want to go to a Korean Festival! That sounds fun. Have a great time.
Post a Comment