Monday, April 13, 2009

Pain Relief!

It's been a while (again) but I am back (again!). I've not been able to blog very much for the last few weeks for a couple of reasons. I have been having terrible headaches and have found myself pretty firmly planted on the couch most hours of the day. This last week has been extremely difficult as no medication has been working and I have just been in a lot of pain. Last Thursday I started having pain in my face as well and I spent all day on the couch Friday and Saturday with an ice pack, spontaneously bursting into tears and feeling rather sorry for myself.

It's been a fun week.

That last paragraph, combined with the fact that I knew that if I got on to blog I would just complain about the pain, was the reason I stayed away from blogging!

Today I am praising the Lord that I am up and about, feeling much better, and able to actually do things! It has surprised me that I am thankful to be able to clean again...!

In a strange way I believe the jaw pain is an answer to prayer. I am thinking now that something is going on in my jaw which is causing the headaches - which is very helpful to know! I have been wearing my bite plate and icing my jaw and it seems to be helping my headaches. So thankful about that!

The Lord has been very close in these difficult times and I am gaining a greater sympathy for those who struggle with chronic pain. It is hard to go on day after day not feeling well. I have not understood that before and I hope that I do not soon forget that lesson.

I am looking forward to hopefully being a bit more upbeat this week :) And for now I am off to run about a million errands that I have put off for the last few weeks.

4 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh Rachel - Your pain sounds awful. You explained it too well. I felt like I needed to ice my jaw after reading this. :)

I am glad that you are figuring out ways to manage the pain. I hope the relief continues.

When you said you hope you don't soon forget what it was like to be in such pain I thought "Wow, that is an amazing perspective!"

I know it was really hard for you, but using our pain to understand others and learn more about God is such an incredible gift!

Megan said...

Oh Rach I am so sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. I'll be praying that the pain stays away.

Tamara said...

I didn't know that it was still bothering you so. You are good at hiding it.
I am glad to know that the headaches are jaw related. At least there is a peace in that.

Rachelle said...

Glad you are feeling much better! So fun y'all have decided travel to get your baby! We know people who have made the trip and they say it is wonderful!

I will pray that the pain goes away and stays away!