It has been about 3 weeks now since we put out the word that we are adopting and let everyone know about our upcoming garage sale/bake sale fundraiser. Initially, I must admit that I was a bit nervous about it. I wondered how people would respond, and I wondered if we would end up having more than just our 10 items to sell. In fact, I was really worrying about it. Early on, though, I realized that I had to give this over to the Lord. He has provided everything we've needed so far, and I know I can trust Him with all of my worries about this sale. So, I let it go, and have really not been too anxious about it since.
And let me tell you something. These last few weeks, I have been blessed beyond what I could have ever imagined by our friends and family. It is so wonderful to have people rejoicing with us about the adoption, excited to meet our baby, and eager to help us with the financial aspect of it as well. People have been donating items left and right! In fact, this is what our garage looked like as of yesterday:
We had already gathered quite a bit of stuff and were thinking the sale would be okay. Then today, we spent about 5 hours driving around with our friend, Chad, who graciously helped us pick up load after load after load from our friends who have donated tons of items - even big things like desks and a grill!This is what our garage looks like now! And we're still not done collecting stuff - several people told me they have things for me that they are bringing to our house this week!
I am so humbled and amazed at how everyone has come along side us to help us with this adoption. It has meant so much to me. And for the very first time...I kind of feel like I'm "pregnant" :)
I have a lot to do to get ready for the sale, but thankfully friends and family have offered to help and I know that one way or another, everything will get done. Now I must go and make some signs for the garage sale...cause it's almost here!



5 comments:
WOW! That is wonderful! If I was close I would help... what a great idea! I will pray that you walk away with much $$$$$$.
I'm so excited for you! I hope and pray that people will be generous in their purchases as they see you are raising money for adoption!!!! Maybe someone will donate a nice chunk of change for you!!!
Awesome! Rachel, I am so glad you are getting such a great response and wonderful donations! And how special that you even feel kind of pregnant!
This is so cool Rachel! I love to see God working in my friends lives.
Is the sale next weekend? At your house?
I Keep trying to spread the word. Brian & Tracy said we can have the truck Friday/Saturday! They may have some small things to donate too. I got another box around last night.
So excited for you!!!
Post a Comment