Saturday, June 11, 2011

Three More Sleeps!

I think we are surviving the Great Mono Incident of 2011 :) After two weeks of feeling really rough I am finally starting to feel a bit better. Just in the nick of time, too! I must admit that I'm pretty nervous that the trip will wipe me out and that adding a new toddler (who is still on Korea time) to our family in just three more days may do me in, but for right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. We are so grateful that our family and friends have offered so much help and support - we could not do it without you!!!!


We have been busy the last few days getting things ready for Nathan's arrival. And when I say "we", I mean Brad, with a little direction from me as I lie on the couch :) He has been taking care of me all week as well as doing all the last minute stuff around the house. Seriously, this guy needs some kind of award. Yesterday he got the crib all ready and today he installed the car seat. It is starting to sink in that NATHAN IS COMING!

The blessing of me being so tired out is that I really haven't had the energy to worry about things at all! Usually I am an over-thinker, a worrier, a stresser-outer...but right now I am nice and relaxed, happy as a clam, and just eager to get Nathan home. You'd think that having mono would make me more stressed out, but instead I feel like I have gotten to a place where I realize that it will be okay and it is so totally out of my control so I may as well not stress.

And another blessing Brad and I realized this week? It is very likely that had we traveled, we would have been in Korea this week, when I was feeling awful, when I spent hours and hours sleeping and when standing for more than 5 minutes wore me out. Can you even imagine how awful that would have been? Thank you, Lord, for your mercies in disguise.

I can't believe it...I just can't believe that we are almost there! I had a dream about Nathan last night and now I feel more ready than ever to hold him in my arms.

Three more sleeps!

4 comments:

Arlona said...

Husband AWARD to Brad the wonderful DAD and HUSBAND FOR RACHEL, MATTHEW AND NATHAN.
Since Rachel said that you ought to have an award. Consider this to be it until you get a better one.

Leah said...

I am so beyond happy for you! And my advice regarding the mono. . . just don't overdue it. I've had it, and you may start feeling better, but then do too much. What am I saying though. . . your second child will soon be in your family. Of course you will be doing too much! Hee hee. I am so excited for you.

Unknown said...

2 things... one waaaay more important than the other... first and MOST important!! YAYE!! FOR ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS!! and 2, I can't believe you called in an incident... this is CLEARLY a debacle!!! Love you bunches and I can't wait to meet little Nathan!!!

Pix said...

Oh my goodness! Getting so excited for you all and glad to hear you are feeling better.