Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Has It Really Only Been a Week?

Wonder of wonders - the two boys are both taking naps, Brad is sleeping too, and the house is so quiet I hardly know what to do with myself! It's a good problem to have :)

We have had a really good few days. I feel like every day is getting better and better, and although it's still exhausting, it's not overwhelming to the point where I feel like we won't be able to handle it. We are starting to take little trips out of the house which is good for all of our sanity.

This morning our social worker came for our first post-placement visit. We had a great time talking with her about Nathan and how his first week home has gone. It amazes me to look back to just a week ago and see how much progress he's made. It is already hard to remember life without him!

Here are a few pictures from the last week:

Our first family walk to the park




Our first meal at the table as a family of four


On Monday we had our roof redone (perfect timing, right?!?!)

The boys (all three of them) loved watching all the big trucks!

I couldn't believe it, but Nathan and Matthew both napped even

though there were 9 men pounding and sawing on the roof!


Daddy sure knows how to get Nathan laughing!


And of course we have to have some matching shirts :)


Our big trip for today is to go to the store to get some smaller shorts and pants for Nathan. He has a tiny little waist and no behind to hold up 12 months shorts! Time for a shopping trip! And maybe some more matching outfits :)

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Great pics! So glad thinks are feeling more normal! I'm not sure if you have a Carter's there, but we have a great Carter's outlet here and I buy most of the boys pants there because they have the adjustable waist! My boys need 4T pants and a 2T waist! I so envy their tiny waist :)

Barry/ Amy said...

Love the matching shirts!!! :) So glad everything is going so well!!!! Could not be happier for you!!!!

Much Ado said...

Great pictures, glad to read things are getting much better. What a difference a week makes!

Janet said...

Cute pics of your boys. LOVE that you had trucks at your house! D is jealous.