So our handy dandy paper chain, hanging in the doorway between our kitchen and living room, reminded me this morning that we are one short week away from bringing our Nathan home!
As if I could forget that!
The reality is starting to set in, along with a few circumstances that could cause me to freak out. For example, the fact that we are still waiting to hear flight times and info about when we will actually meet Nathan. Or the fact that tickets to Denver have doubled in price over the last week. Or the fact that I've been feeling really crummy for a week and had to have a blood test done for mono yesterday. I'm pretty sure it will be negative, but still...feeling rough.
Yep, I could definitely freak out about those things!
Don't get me wrong - I have had my moments. I have shed a few tears and wondered what on earth am I going to do if I am not feeling better by the time he comes???
But overwhelmingly, more than freaking out, I am feeling peace. I am so absolutely convinced that God will help me and that He is in control, and I have seen His faithfulness so many times that I know I don't need to worry about tomorrow...or next Tuesday.
I am clinging to the most wonderful truth, that although everything in this life changes, and although our whole world is about to be rocked by an adorable little 17-month-old, my God will not change.
The words of a song have been speaking to me so much recently. The song is called "All is Well" and I think it's by Robin Mark.
"All my changes come from Him
He who never changes
I'm held firm in the grasp
Of the Rock of all the ages.
All is well with my soul
He is God, in control
I know not all His plans
But I know I'm in His hands."
Today I will be excitedly packing a diaper bag (eek!) and trying to figure out what on earth I need to take to entertain a one year old on a plane for a couple of hours. This is getting so real!!!!

4 comments:
I cannot wait for this! I love that we both have 17 month olds! So So so excited. Praying for your healthy, and sanity. Love you girl!
I'm praying for you to have peace, calmness and good health over the next week.
Are flying to LA to pick up N? You're with AAC, right? They always use the Frontier flight that arrives into Denver from LA at 6:30pm for Escorting. I wonder if thats the same flight for you.
You are doing great Rachel! Praying lots for you!!!
So very excited for you! I was really sick when we went to Korea last month to bring our son home. It is stressful but you'll get through! Can't wait to share your good news. Travel safe!
Post a Comment