Life has just been rolling along around here! I feel like October was the "easiest" month so far with Matthew - he is finally consistently sleeping through the night (major accomplishment as all our good progress kept getting interrupted by illness!) and it makes the days so much better for everyone! We have been mostly sickness free for a while, and the break has been wonderful :)
We got good news two days ago when we heard that the Korean agency has granted permission for us to move forward with Nathan's adoption! This is the first step towards us being officially matched with him and we were so happy to hear the news. It is starting to become more real that we are actually on the road to bringing him home! Next step is the formal application - we have it mostly completed and will be sending it off early next week. Once the agency has that along with our completed home study, we will be able to sign the official acceptance! Then we begin our much too long 8 month wait until he can come home. We pray for him daily and are eagerly awaiting a new video and photos which we hope to receive before Thanksgiving!!!
We haven't been up to much around here, and I'm finding we are inside more and more as the temperature starts to drop. We did spend some time outside the other night though...Matthew "helped" Daddy rake the leaves...while I "supervised" :)

I love these quiet days, with no major crisis, with time to learn to cook (I must say I impressed myself with dinner tonight!), time to knit and play on the floor with Matthew. I feel like I'm finally taking a deep breath and for the moment, life is easy. I know with certainty it will not always be like this, so I am savoring every moment and enjoying each and every minute :)


10 comments:
Good for you and your family. I love reading your blog. I am happy for your progress in the adoption of Nathan. Wendi's mother-in-law, Arlona
So glad life is calm for you right now. Thanks for lending Chad your husband. :)
Glad you've had some 'easy' days, those are always so nice!
So excited for you to get video and new pics of Nathan! We were blessed twice with that as well since AAC was at Eastern during the beginning and end of our wait.
so glad matthew is staying healthy. what a blessing.
8 month's seems like such a long time still!! You have amazing patience....
so glad to hear EVERYTHING in this post!
So excited for your adoption progress! This time next year you will be looking back at this post as a mommy of two!
Great news! And good for you to enjoy some slow time! Matthew looks adorable as always in his winter hat.
WOO HOO!!!! Good news I love it!!!
Things really seem to be moving forward with the adoption. Yay!!! :) And isn't everything better in life when sleep is had? I've never realized that as much as I do now. :)
Post a Comment