It's been a while since my last post, and I wish I could say it was because of something fabulous like I was on a trip to Hawaii or something, but unfortunately there were only two factors keeping me from blogging this last week - sickness, and the fact that the computer is all the way in the basement! We have all been fighting something yucky for the past few days but I believe today I can finally say we've kicked it.
Thankfully, the last week hasn't been all bad. Actually, it's been pretty great in many ways! My parents came for a quick visit, I got to go to a lovely lunch with our adoption/foster care group at church, and best of all...we got a new video of our sweet Nathan!
I wanted to post about it, but truthfully the emotions in seeing his face just kind of floored me. When we first put the video in I was smiling, and within 5 seconds I was just a teary mess :) He is absolutely gorgeous, and to see him at 10 months old was very different than seeing him at 5 months old. He is now sitting, able to stand while holding onto something, he was engaged and playing with toys and just smiling up a storm! My heart ached to realize I have missed his first haircut, his first tooth, seeing him learn to sit up and crawl...there are so many firsts I will miss and I just hate that. In my head I know that once he is here there will be many more firsts for us to experience with him, but right now I hate that I am missing out on even one more minute with him.
We also got some new pictures of him, and every time I see them I just can't stop smiling. Every day that passes brings me one day closer to him, and yet the closer I get to having him in my arms the harder it seems to be!
Matthew loves to watch his little brother and I'm so glad we have these videos and pictures. I don't think he has any idea what we're talking about when we say Nathan is going to come and live here :) But I hope that they will be great friends.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving...and truly I have so much to be thankful for this year!

9 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! So glad you got to see a glimpse of your youngest son!!
Awwww I'm glad you're feeling better!!! And I'm sooo glad you got a new video!
What a great gift to see Nathan on a video! I hope your wait is faster than expected! Happy Thanksgiving!
Glad you got a new video! Though I know how bittersweet that can be.
And I know missing out on the firsts feels like a big deal now, but when he comes home, they're all firsts again for you! :)
I remember having a video of Evan and sitting there replaying it over and over again-- smiling and then crying so I can so relate!! Hopefully time will pass quickly and Nathan will be in your arms before you know it!! Hang in there and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
awe I don't even know you and I'm all teary reading about how you got teary!
How wonderful that you received a video and new photos. I'd be like you: a teary mess. I'd also be watching it over and over and over and over... I'm sure Matthew loves it. Cute big brother!
How exciting to receive a video and pictures of your sweet little boy! I hope the video was able to answer some questions and bring a sense of peace to some of the unknowns of a child with microtia and hearing impairment.
I'm so happy you got pictures and a video. It's so bittersweet though. Thinking of you guys and happy belated Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment