This month brought many new things along with it so I thought I'd share a few...
There have been many new things for us to experience with Matthew. Most are wonderful...new words, new activities, new skills. Some are, how shall we say, more on the challenging side. One new development is that he is suddenly experiencing separation anxiety on a much bigger level than ever before. Most of the time it happens if I leave, but it has now started being a problem at bedtime as well. My heart hurts to hear him scream "Mama!" whenever I leave him (even if he's staying with Daddy!).
He's also developed a wonderful new affection for us, though. He has started giving the biggest hugs and tons and tons of kisses without us asking. It is the best!
As he grows from a baby into a toddler, we are having our first real experiences with the challenges of parenting. Little man recently learned the word "No!" and likes to use it frequently. The smooth transition to a toddler bed was, unfortunately, fairly short lived, and after a few weeks with no issues we have suddenly found ourselves battling every night to get him to go to bed and stay in bed. I hate the parenting challenges that mess with sleep...they are not cool!
Thankfully, during the day this little guy is happy as can be for the most part. We are so blessed to have Matthew as our child and I just love seeing him grow! He turns 2 on Thursday...but I'm not ready to talk about that yet!
Some new pictures from Thanksgiving. Matthew had a blast playing with his Uncle Josh and all his cousins. Josh had Matthew laughing so hard - I just sat and watched and enjoyed the sounds of these little ones having so much fun.
We also spent some time this weekend at my parent's house. Matthew found a new love - candy canes are pretty fabulous!
The traditional trip to get the Christmas tree with my family was a lot of fun but super cold - can you see Matthew? He's that bundle wrapped up in a blanket.
One more new thing for this month - at the beginning of the month I set a running goal for myself (be able to run 2 miles by the end of the month) and yesterday I was able to meet that goal! I was so happy and felt so good, except for the knee pain I am still battling. So annoying. My goal for December is to run twice a week and do some form of exercise one other day a week (walking, work out at home).
I really need to start posting more often so that I don't have so much to say each time! Thanks for sticking with me :)





7 comments:
I can really appreciate all your new experiences with the word "no" :) We have so been there and are still living that dream :) LOL!!!
And oh my goodness I cannot believe it is his birthday again already!!!
I can't believe Matthew is almost 2! He sounds like a complete joy. :) I hear you about sleep disturbances though. Something I absolutely need is sleep! :)
He looks like such a BIG boy in that rocker!!!
With our first child, we kept a small gate up on the outside of her door. That way if she did get out of bed in the middle of the night, she couldn't go anywhere. We would often wake up to hear a noise on the baby monitor at 3am. She would have woken up, turn her light on and begin to play for a few minutes. She would then turn the light off and crawl back in bed! I assume that the trying toddler years is all just preparation for the teen years! :) ENJOY!
way to go with your running rachel! i had hopes of running more often once home, but as usual, it's totally inconsistent. now, tell me, is it easier to follow through once you've blogged about it....maybe i should attempt that technique! :)
Wow, lots of NEW going on at your house!
I'm not sure what drives me crazier, the word "no" or the word "mine". Both, I guess!
I've been trying to run more often and your goal sounds totally doable! I might have to try it out!
Great pictures, they grow up way too quickly, don't they? Our daughter has just switched to a big girl bed and is enjoying her new found freedom too!
Post a Comment