Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Fun Day Out

Thank you all for your encouraging comments...they were so appreciated!

I had a lovely morning with Matthew, my sister Joanna, and some friends from church at my new favorite place...it is described as a children's museum but it is way more fun than the word "museum" implies :)  Only a short 20 minute drive from our house, I am not sure how we have missed this place until now, but I am feeling much more confident that we will manage to survive the long winter now that we have discovered it.

With large, open rooms, places for kids to climb and all kinds of toys that Matthew could not break, I was able to enjoy his exploration for once instead of trying to keep him reigned in.  You should have seen the look on his face when we suddenly came upon a great big train table!  With a breathless "Choo choo!" he raced to the table and with great concentration he began lining up the trains.  I thought for sure that would be it for the day, but after a while he was happy to move on to something else...for a while.  We returned to the train table many times!


Another favorite activity of the morning was pushing a big truck down a slide.  Sometimes I find it so funny to see which things really crack him up!

There were tunnels to crawl through and explore...

Musical instruments to be {loudly} played...

and a water table that was almost as much fun

as the train table.  Almost.


Having my sister Joanna along was so much fun!

She helped Matthew get ready for the water table...

I think maybe I need to buy him an apron like this for home

just because it's so cute!

There was so much more to explore and enjoy and we didn't even get to all the different play areas!  I am really looking forward to taking my little man there again soon!

5 comments:

Kala said...

Fun! I agree with Matthew the train table is the best :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Super fun! Gotta love the kids' museums!

Arlona said...

Where is this fun place? I am sure that Wendi's boys would like it too.

BrandiB said...

I love that last picture! You guys look so happy!!

Janet said...

Wow! That place looks amazing! Only 20 min from your house? I hope they have a membership option...I'd be there ALL the time with D. A slide to drive big trucks down? A train table? Sweet stuff.