Hi there...this might be a lame one! No pictures...but some great news!
Today I received our official acceptance papers in the mail from our placement agency :) We had over 20 documents to sign and have notarized, but they are all back on the way to the agency tonight and we are SUPER close to being officially matched with Nathan! I have had some weird emotions today. Longing for him to be home...total fear and wondering how this will be...the almost two-year-old who had several tantrums today didn't help my confidence level!!! It's strange that signing papers could make my heart ache more.
So now we wait...eight more months.
Oh, and my not so great news of the day - we had to sign a document saying that we realize it would be inappropriate for us to share Nathan's picture on a blog. Until the adoption is finalized. Holy smokes that is a long time from now. So I am going to have to figure out how to stay interesting on here without pictures of cute little boys. That may be difficult!
Onto something more cheerful! I've taken up running again. The same thing always happens when I've been away from it for a while. I hear about friends/bloggy friends who are running, and I start to think, "Hmmmm". Then I see people out running and I think, "I used to do that...I wonder if I could do that again?". Then I read an article or a blog about running and I think, "I have got to go running RIGHT NOW!". I went running 4 times last week, but just short ones. It's amazing how long it takes me to build up endurance and how quickly I lose it. I really wish it worked in reverse :)
What else...I have a new niece! She was born yesterday and she is so adorable!
That's the news of the week.

9 comments:
totally not a lame post! there's some exciting stuff in there!!! i know how hard it is to not share pictures... i can't wait to finally get to post ours but it probably won't be until the end of february! congrats on the official acceptance paperwork and congrats on a new niece!
I loved the post!!! Lots of good information!! So excited that you are so close to being official!!! Cannot wait for Nathan to be home with you guys!!!! :)
Congrats on being a new auntie! :)
I agree - not lame at all! Filled with lots of great news, though I'm totally bummed about no pictures of Nathan for months. But, it will be worth the wait! Congrats on being one step closer...
I love stream-of-consciousness posts! Gotta do a brain dump now and then.
We couldn't post pics of our girls either before things were official. Just think of all the anticipation that will build between now and the big reveal! :)
And way to go on the running! I'll be cheering you on, as I am taking up the sport again too, after a several-year break. Invigorating, isn't it?
Wow - this post is anything but lame - it's full of news! You're making my posts look lame!!! :) Congrats on the acceptance paperwork and you new niece. Hugs and prayers as you wait!
Congratulations Rachel!! I've got some catching up on reading to do! SO so thrilled for you guys!
It's not lame! About the picture..I'm thinking maybe you could just show us his eyes, then the next picture would be his mouth..etc. I wonder if it will work. That's great about the running. Keep it up!
Congrats on being one step closer to your baby boy! And for running! You Go mama!
I watched the video of Matthews Journey for like the 5th time, but it had been a long time since I watched it... and I cried again... it's such a beautiful video!!!
I don't know how often you watch it, but if you don't watch it often it might be an encouragement to you to watch it again!
Post a Comment