November is one of my favorite months of the year. Did you know that it is National Adoption Month? Until a few years ago, I didn't. For me, November is a time to celebrate adoption, to share about adoption, and to remember our journey.
Five years ago this November we decided it was time...we were ready to start a family!
Four years ago this November my heart was breaking as a year had passed and we officially stepped into the world of infertility. This was also the month that I started thinking about adoption seriously, and since it was National Adoption Month it seemed like everyone was talking about adoption all of a sudden. I talked to Brad about it, but for him it wasn't time yet.
Three years ago this November was one of the most difficult times of my life, as our attempted infertility treatment had failed and we were left wondering where to go next. But my amazing husband surprised me by announcing that he was ready to pursue adoption, and after that there was no looking back!
Two years ago this November we had completed our home study and we were waiting for a referral. Oh, the agony of the wait!
One year ago this November I had my sweet Matthew in my arms at last! My heart was so full...and I was so tired!
And this November...
Yep, this November is the best one on record! I have the joy of being mommy to this precious boy and I am waiting to bring home my second son. Adoption has changed my life, filled my heart, and taught me so much about love. As I look back to where I was five years ago, I wish I could tell that Rachel, "Just hold on...it will be okay." Actually, WAY better than okay!


9 comments:
Adoption is wonderful. So glad to be able to know you on the journey.
Happy adoption month!!! No wonder you love November!! :) And you are so right it is way better than ok! :)
What an awesome post!
Great post! It's amazing how much things can change in just a few years!
fantastic. that's "your story" in a nutshell! so cool. i love adoption.
Happy happy November!
Wow November seems almost better than Christmas to you!!!
That's so cool! 3 years ago in November, we started looking into adoption, 1 year ago we actually started the process. Hoping next year finds us already having had our child home for a few months...
Love this! I just love a good story with a happy ending.
Post a Comment