Since Matthew is such a big fan of talking on the phone, my parents brought him a special present when they came to visit last weekend. How many of you out there had one of these old school Fisher Price phones when you were little? Matthew was very excited to be able to make some more calls :)


You know what struck me as he played with this phone? One day I will be having a conversation with him about how this is called a rotary dial phone and how this is what phones were like when mommy was little...and he will probably wrinkle his little face in confusion and try to imagine a world without cordless phones or cell phones! And then I will spend the next hour trying to convince him that I'm still young and hip, even though the first computer I used was a Commodore 64...


5 comments:
My mom got Alexis that phone too! We have just always had cell phones so awhile ago when our Matthew saw a phone like that he had no idea what it was he thought we were tricking him when we told him it was a phone, haha!
Nice! Love the flashbacks :)
I grew up on the ol' Apple IIGS. So funny...
It always amazes me how much technology changes. I can only imagine what Matthew will be using when he's 18. :-D
This is great post!!! I am so with you on the young and hip thing! Evan has a phone just like that -- don't you wish the cord was a little longer??
We'll all be right there with you!!! Trying to convince our kids that when we watched TV it was in a box, not an envelope!
Post a Comment