Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wondering...

I wonder...


...how much more work two children are compared to one?

...what it would be like to have another little one in our home?

...if our home is big enough for two little ones?

...how long it will be until we start another adoption (don't get excited - we have to wait until Matthew has been home at least a year!)

...where we will adopt from next?

...if the rumors I hear about South Korea closing to international adoptions in 2011 will turn out to be true?

...if I am crazy to even be thinking about this right now!

14 comments:

Christine said...

No, you're not crazy! We wanted to start the process again pretty much as soon as Joel came home. That feeling did lessen over the months, though! There are days when I feel like I can't handle one, so why do I want two?? But it is exciting to think about!

Leah said...

I don't think you're crazy at all to be thinking about all of this stuff. There are so many logistical aspects to all of it, it's good that you're planning ahead. And I have no doubt that you can handle 2. :-D

Elizabeth Frick said...

Funny... I'm composing a very similar post for today :)
You're not crazy at all - the paperchase is actually surprisingly addictive!

Jenny said...

ha! i'm already thinking about #2 and we're not on the wait list yet for #1!!! excited for you and whatever you find out the future holds!

Barry/ Amy said...

Love that you are thinking about this!!! :)

Kristy said...

You are not crazy... no more than anyone else with more than one child. Is it more work? Undoubtably. Do you have room in your house? BUNK BEDS! Will the love add up? Nope, it multiplies!! Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!

Kristin said...

not crazy at all. I have learned that if God gives you a heart for adoption, it is hard to put a stop on that desire. Pursue it until God closes the door. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kala said...

I think those are all vailid points. Fromw what I ready, you guys are wonderful parents and another child would be lucky to have you as your parents whenever your ready!

BrandiB said...

I completely understand! I worried the same thing before we had our second daughter, but it does multiply! And it's so fun to see them play together and grow up together. The bickering is another story ;-)

Tina said...

wow, i totally have been thinking about it also. i was just hugging on Gracie this morning and thinking..oh we need another little one running around too. I was thinking the same thoughts! So no your not crazy at all , your a great mommy with a huge heart! God Bless!

Rach@In His Hands said...

I'm totally with you on these thoughts, Rachel. It's obvious you're an AMAZING mama...everything will fall into place nicely when it's supposed to! Can't wait to see what's in store!

Rachelle said...

I know... all these Haiti kids have me thinking the same thing. I thought we would wait a few years, now I'm feeling the itch.

Tina said...

Hi Rachel...I did email you my address I hope to hear from you really soon!!!!

Tina :-)

Much Ado said...

not crazy at all! Wondering is good! It's usually the first step! :)