Wednesday, January 06, 2010

So Apparently We Don't Like Snow...

When Brad got home from work today, we decided it was finally time that we took Matthew out to play in the snow. I'm not sure if he got to be out in snow in Korea or not, but we thought it would be so much fun to take him out in the yard and pull him around in the sled, see him look around in wonder at the snow...you know, all those cute pictures you have in your head.

So we suited up the little man until he looked like a giant marshmallow, unable to move his arms or legs...


...headed out to the yard with Daisie, sat him in his little sled...


...and the tears began!


Let me give you a close-up of his sad little face just so you can understand how unhappy he was about the whole thing:


We thought maybe it was the sled thing, although we had pulled him around in it in our living room and he'd enjoyed that just fine. But Brad suggested we just let him sit in the snow, and maybe he'd like that better.


Nope.

Only Daddy's arms finally brought relief from the cries.



I think we spent a total of 2 minutes outside after spending 10 minutes getting ready!

Ah yes, the joys of winter :)

13 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oh no! Poor little buddy... :(

Kris said...

Oh no! Glad to see he found relief in his daddy's arms.

Kristin said...

I feel like him! I HATE snow. Way to go Matthew.

kelly said...

I feel bad smiling at his unhappiness, but these photos are adorable. Hopefully he will LEARN to like the white stuff since I'm assuming you live somewhere where that happens ...

Rachelle said...

At least he looked adorable! :)

Jill said...

OMGoodness! I am giggling, although that precious face and those tears are NOT funny. Bless his sweet heart! I heard parts of Korea got up to 10 inches of snow too. Brrr!

Jenny said...

yeah, i'm thinking it's a no-go on the snow!!! maybe next year he'll like it!

Leah said...

That is so funny and cute. Yes, I think it's safe to say your little man doesn't like the snow. Hee hee. :-D And he looked so darn cute in those snow pants! :-D

Britt said...

Bummer!! At least you got some adorable pictures out of it!! When he's a pro snowboarder later in life you can show him these pictures - it will be funny!

Barry/ Amy said...

Next year he will be begging to go outside and built a fort/snowman and you will be begging him to come back inside where it is warm! LOL!!! :) Cute pics!!!

Janet said...

Oh dear! Hopefully he'll "warm up" to the snow eventually. We haven't tried the sled thing yet (all sold out after Christmas)...but we hope to soon. D LOVED being on our back in a backpack thing out in the snow, so maybe try something like that first before sled-time again.

Tamara said...

Emma was the same way her first time, and after that she LOVED it!
I would try again. :)Maybe not start on a sled this time!

Megan said...

So sorry for Matthew that he was unhappy, but the pictures are adorable!