Friday, January 15, 2010

Back To It

What am I "back to"...?

Well, I am back to the gym. Sigh. It has been a very long time since I have done any physical activity other than carrying Matthew around and lifting loads of laundry :) I was excited to get a great deal on a gym membership for the next couple of months and joined with a friend. Today was the first day...yikes. Within minutes of being on the elliptical, laundry was sounding pretty good :) Thankfully I survived, and even did a 10 minute run. Pretty pathetic after my 10 mile run last summer, but still, it's a start.

I am also back to helping out at youth group. I took some time off to get adjusted to life as a mom, but lately have been feeling really ready to get back to it. I missed all the students and leaders so much!

Basically, I'm starting to feel like I am back to life outside of my house :) It's been weird in some ways to be at home so much, but so wonderful and relaxing too (if I block out of my head the 2am diaper changes and sickness and all that!). After almost a year, I am off my headache medicine and not having jaw pain. Guess it was stress after all!

Life is good. No, not just good. Great! It is more than I ever hoped for and I am so thankful that I can stay at home with my little man. I wouldn't change it for the world!

And now, here are a few random pictures of my dog, Daisie. She's been a little overshadowed lately by a certain adorable someone :) And she's kind of begging for attention these days!



I'm sure she'll be happy to know she made it on the blog!

8 comments:

Tina said...

your dog makes me laugh, it is like he was posing for the camera!! haha.

I too was totally just home when Grace came home, I did not get involved in anything from May -October. I gained about 10 pounds...and i remember the feeling of being a little disconnected from the rest of the world. It is a good feeling to get back in the groove again..seeing friends, making plans..it took me a while to figure out that she can just come withme for everything too, and she does wonderful!

Janet said...

Oh...your dog is adorable. Yes...looks like some attention is desired.
I know what you mean about finding time to work-out...it is hard.

Jenny said...

way to go! and daisie is TOO cute... what a baby!!! i love it!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Isn't it nice to gain back a little bit of normal? Good for you!
And That Daisie... what a sweetheart!

Kala said...

Good for you...I wish I like to excercise. I can't believe there are ppl out there who do!!! I love your dog! "Attention to me", "Attention to me please"..lol

BrandiB said...

Nice to have your own little getaways and things outside of the home to do! I think every stay at home mom needs that...and Daisy is too cute!

everythingismeowsome said...

Thanks for stopping over to my blog--your Matthew is such a cutie!

Britt said...

I'm glad you are loving life!