You may be wondering if my New Year's Resolution is to never blog again...
But no, we have just been busy, and I've been lazy and enjoying these last few days Brad has had off. Tomorrow he goes back to work, and life will get back to its normal routine. I tried to convince him to use his 2010 vacation days and take the rest of January off, but he just wouldn't go for it :) I am so thankful for the time we have had as a family, and Matthew has just loved having Daddy home all the time! Every time Brad leaves the room, Matthew yells "DADA!" - it is so funny!
I have been thinking back on last year's resolutions - things I wanted to try to accomplish this year. I set only 3 goals last year, and in my own way I think I accomplished them (sort of!). They were:
1. Run a 1/2 marathon. Now, technically, I did not do this. I completed all the training for the 1/2 marathon, but then a totally wonderful awesome thing happened and Matthew arrived 4 days before the race! So I didn't get to run it, but I still feel pretty proud of myself for all the training I did. As for next year...we'll have to see how running fits in with this new "mommy" thing! I'm sure once it is warmer I will feel much more motivated, right?!
2. Take a picture a day and complete Project 365 (keeping an album with journaling about each picture). I did not technically take a picture a day, but I did take a picture most days and have just about finished my album! It is amazing to look back over my life for the last year and see so many memories. I am so glad I did this!


3. My last "resolution" was to grow closer to the Lord. It's not really a measurable resolution, but I know that I can say that without doubt, I am closer to Him than I was a year ago, and I have been changed by knowing Him this year.
For this year I'm thinking I want to focus on being a better friend, and being more hospitable (having people over for meals more, or just to hang out, without getting so stressed about it). I also want to enjoy every single moment with this little one, because they pass by so quickly.
I'll leave you today with this picture. It is Matthew trying to push his cousin, Ben, who is just a little younger than him, in this toy walker thing. He tried so hard to get it to move, then got frustrated and went to smack poor Ben on the head! I cannot WAIT to see these two playing together more this year :) Oh the fun that they are going to have!



4 comments:
I like your resolutions from both years! And I say that if you did the training, you can count running the 1/2. The training is the real work and the race, just the reward.
Love your photo album project! Such a good idea!
I absolutely love the 365 Photos. Seeing that it is Jan 4, maybe I can get a late start on it. That sounds really fun. What a way to look back on life. I would love to have more details:)
Great to see all that has happened this year. Can't wait to see what will happen next year! Love you. Miss you.
Post a Comment