Saturday, August 01, 2009

This Week's Training

I like to do things that I never thought I could do. It's a pretty great feeling. I woke up nervous this morning, knowing that my 6 mile run was on the calendar. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it...but I did! My longest run ever! It was pretty hard, though, and I said to my sister afterwards, "Wow, I can't believe that is not even halfway to the distance I'll need to run for the 1/2 marathon!" That's a scary thought!

Today I finished my sixth week of training - with two 40 minute runs (about 3.5 miles each), one day of rollerblading, and today's run, I'm feeling pretty worn out. Worn out, but happy :)

Bring on week seven!

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Hi Rachel!

You've got a great blog! What a great adoption story - and the best part is coming soon! So happy for you and your husband!

Don't worry about the half marathon. It may be more than twice what you ran today, but it's not twice as hard. Congrats on running your longest run ever!

Angela said...

way to stick with it!!!