Saturday, August 29, 2009

He is Enough

Lonliness comes
But so does Your presence
Battles come
But so does Your strength
Doubt overwhelms
But it's crushed by Your power
Fear surrounds
But it's calmed by Your peace

You are enough to satisfy
You are my shelter in the storm
You are faithful
And You hear my cry
Oh, Lord I trust in You
Oh, Lord I trust in You!

These are words of a song I wrote back in 2003, and I've been thinking about them a lot lately. As I stand on the edge, about to jump into this new adventure called 'motherhood', I must admit that there is a certain amount of fear that comes along with it. Changes, uncertainty, expectations, unknowns...the same thing everyone faces when entering parenthood, I know...but this time it is ME entering parenthood! As I have struggled with these fears, I have been reminded once again that the Lord is enough. He is stronger than my weakness, bigger than my questions, and can bring peace even to this anxious heart. I'm thankful for this time in my life that reminds me once again of my need for God, and I take a deep breath and remember once again that I trust in Him.

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped."
Psalm 28:7

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so excited to see how God leads you in the coming days! You are going to be a great mama.

Love you!

Jenny said...

what a beautiful post!

Rachelle said...

Love this post!

Tina said...

What a beautiful post. Your right,Yes becomming a mommy for the first time, we do all experience these feelings. Once your baby is in your arms...all the fears go away.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Nice post!

Just remember that you don't have to know it all right away.

Much Ado said...

Oh, I can totally relate to this post. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I am so glad our paths have crossed via running and adoption! :) Here's praying you will be with your son very soon!

Much Ado said...

oh also wanted to say, sorry I took so long to reply to you! things have been so busy since our referral and then we were away on holidays.

Love the verse you posted as well in this. Taking note of it now! :)

Leah said...

I know what you mean about having some fear and uncertainty. I do as well. We adoptive parents spend so much time and energy on the paperwork and the process, it's kind of scary when we think about the big picture of all of this.

I'm looking forward to seeing how God leads you.
:-D

Britt said...

Rachel - I have come to be soo excited to read your blogs!!! Thanks for sharing... I've also been feeling similar feelings - about how God is going to provide! Nick's job ends this week and after that I'm the sole income until he finds a new job - and that's a bit stressful! However I know God will provide!!!!