Wednesday, August 19, 2009

USCIS Gives Us Their Approval!

Today marks two months...61 days...1464 hours...since we were matched with Matthew!

But really, who's counting?

And as if that weren't enough good news for today, we received our I-600 approval from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the mail this afternoon!!!! Actually, it was dated August 13th, and only took them 10 days to process. If you have ever had to do any kind of paperwork with the government, you know this is pretty amazing!

When we received our referral, we were told that the wait until our travel call would be 3-6 months. From my obsessive frequent checking of the forums, it seems that 3-4 is the average.

Did I mention that we are now at 2 months????

Let's do some math...that means that it could be only one or two more months until Matthew is here! Four to eight weeks. I am screaming on the inside (a good excited scream this time, not a scream of terror!)

Of course I have to put my adoption disclaimer: with all international adoptions there is the possibility that it could take way longer than we think and everything under the sun could go wrong.

But we're praying for a smooth ride the rest of the way and hoping the days pass quickly!

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

10 days! Yee Haw! That is AMAZING! Congratulations!

Jenny said...

what great news!!!!!!!!

kelly said...

Congratulations!! Do you mind if I ask which agency you are going through? We are going through Eastern (still waiting for a referral) and I've been kind of looking to see how long referral to travel call was for other Eastern folks and it was averaging about 110 days recently which is good :)

Bekah said...

Yeah! Great news! One big step closer to bringing your son home!

Megan said...

Wow, great news!!! Everyday you are getting closer to holding your baby boy!!!

Leah said...

I am also praying for a smooth ride for you! Congrats on the I600A approval though! That is a feat in itself. :-D I too am waiting on paperwork from the government and I know how long that can sometimes take. Congrats. :-D

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yay! You're getting closer!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

How wonderful to get your I-600 approval so fast and to hit the two month mark! : )