Monday, August 24, 2009

The Process Keeps Moving...

It seems like, as we get near the end of this adoption process, I am more and more desperate for any update or word of any progress at all! Today we got some good news!

After receiving our I-600 approval, it was sent (by USCIS) to the NVC (National Visa Center) which is here in the States.

So today I called to find out if we had been "logged in" yet...and found out we are logged in AND were logged out today! That means our adoption paperwork was received (logged in) and checked over by the NVC (National Visa Center) and then was sent to the US embassy in Seoul, South Korea (logged out).

From what I can gather (it gets kind of confusing to me at this point) we are now waiting for the embassy to send a packet of paperwork (called "P3") to our Korean agency. The length of time it takes for the agency to complete the P3 is unknown and could take anywhere between a few weeks to a few months. There is also something else called "EP" (Emigration Permit) that Matthew has to have, but it seems to me that he may get that at any point along the way and it does not have to happen in order. I'm not sure if I'm right about that though!

I do not know if we will hear any updates from now until our travel call...torture, pure torture!

Please pray with us that things in Korea go quickly and Matthew is home soon!

8 comments:

Sunnymama said...

congrats on the movement. Getting closer!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I'm praying Rachel!! :) I love to hear all the good news.

Barry/ Amy said...

Congrats!!!! You guys are SOOO close~ it seems the rest of the process-- for us took about a week and a half--I would not be surprised if Matthew already has his EP!! :)
Congrats again-- it will not be long now!!:)

Leah said...

Praying things go very smoothly. Gosh this is all such a complicated process, but I have so much hope that you'll be holding yoru little guy very soon. :-D

Megan said...

Great to hear things are moving along! Praying he comes home soon!

Angela said...

Wow!!! I hope you will not have to wait much longer---but if you do, God will get you through the days:) Love you!!! SOOOOOO excited!!!

Britt said...

yea!!! Everyday is a step closer!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

So happy to hear that everything is moving along for you!