Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Matthew Has Been Up To...

Today was a wonderful day!

We received an update about Matthew which made my heart ache and soar, all at the same time!

At his 7 month Well Baby Check-Up on July 13th, Matthew:

* weighed almost 19 pounds

* is 26.7 inches long (tall?)

* bears good weight on his legs

* can roll over

* reaches for and grasps large objects

* smiles responsively

* coos

* laughs

* (this one made me cry) imitates speech sounds...and they have written the words "papa" and "mama"

We are so thankful to have received this update! I think of him all the time, pray for him and wonder what he is doing frequently throughout the day. We were excited to see that although he had been about 2 months delayed at his last check-up (because of being born prematurely) he is now right on target and assessed at a 7 month age! I felt reassured that he is being loved and cared for, and it is wonderful to know he is a healthy little boy and growing quickly. Hopefully it won't be much longer and he'll be here in my arms...which will be much better than reading about him :) But for now, I'll take any info I can get on my beautiful boy!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I remember getting info on the boys, and how it did my heart good. Congrats on the new info, I know it means so much to you!

Megan said...

How great to get an update! Glad to hear he is such a healthy boy!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I still can't get over those pinchable cheeks. :)

Such good news! It must be wonderful to get these updates!

Barry/ Amy said...

So glad to hear he is doing so well that is always reassuring! I so looked forward to the well baby check-ups every month!! :) Congrats!!!

Tamara said...

Oh my GOODNESS! He is a BIG boy!!!
I love hearing the updates! Keep sharing. Can't wait to kiss his cheeks!