Wednesday, July 15, 2009

To Run or Not to Run...

Well, it all depends when you ask me.


Yesterday after a lovely run with friends - yep, definitely to run!

Today after a grueling run with a friend who is much faster than me - why in the world would I torture myself like this???

I am trying to get back to it, onto a schedule, and have been pretty proud of myself this week :)

So far:

Last Thursday: 20 minute run

Last Friday: 30 minute bike ride with Brad...managed to keep up with him!

Last Saturday: 4 mile run (at the speed of a snail)

Sunday: off

Monday: 30 minute rollerblading with Joanna

Tuesday: 2 mile run with Rachel

Wednesday: 30 minute run with friend who apparently wants me dead (I made it 2.75 miles, and yes I know this is still slow!)

Tomorrow: Off (YEY!)

I run again Saturday, and it's going to be a "long" one again (long for me, not long for most of the running community!), but this time I'll be more prepared - Joanna is going to come and rollerblade while I run so that she can give me a pep talk and some water whenever I need it :)

Now, to sleep, or not to sleep...I know the answer to that one!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

To Sleep!!! To Sleep!! Although I doubt I will be taking that advice... it is summer after all. And you know how I am in the summer.

Angela said...

You can do it!!! I'm learning to swim again for this Triathlon we are doing-you can do it!!!

Rachel said...

So glad I was the fun run! Thanks for all your encouragment. Glad you survived today.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi, Rachel! I would love to talk with you about your adoption! Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

Adrienne
owensmommyadrienneatgmaildotcom