Monday, July 13, 2009

All Kinds of Feelings

Ever since we have been matched with Matthew, I have been feeling so many different emotions.

Total and complete joy, knowing that he is going to be our son!

Thankfulness to God that He has given us a child!

Amazement at how strong my love for Matthew already is.

Peace in knowing that my time to be a mommy is almost here.


At first I felt so overwhelmed that it was hard to take in the reality of it all. To realize that it was actually happening and that Matthew would really be coming home. In the last couple of weeks though, it has started to sink in! And the more it sinks in, the more I want him here with me - NOW!

I hear a song on the radio sometimes that is not at all about adoption...but the chorus seems to fit exactly how I feel about this adoption wait right now:

"I just want to be with you,
just want this waiting to be over
I just want to be with you,
and it helps to know the day is getting closer.
Every minute takes an hour,
every inch feels like a mile,
Till I won't have to imagine
and I'll finally get to see you smile."

How great will that be - when I finally get to see him smile?!?! :)

Until then, I am trying to stay busy busy busy getting ready for him! We are excited to go and register this week, and to do some more work on the nursery. And hopefully, in just a few short months...this waiting will be over!

2 comments:

Tina said...

your doing great keeping busy. Isn't it funny how God will give you those songs and words just when you need them to get through the day while you are dreaming of the day to hold your little angel. This day will come soon and you won't look back after that. :-)

Rach@In His Hands said...

I know those feelings, Rachel! Keep keeping busy and He will carry you!!