Saturday, July 25, 2009

Care Package and Racing Plans

Yesterday I was finally able to get my act together and send a care package to our sweet boy and his foster family! It was so fun to be able to pick out a few things to send him, and I must admit that I covered his blanket in kisses hoping they will reach him. Oh, how I long to have him in my arms! This long-distance relationship thing just isn't working out!!!!

We were able to send him a couple of outfits, a little toy, a blanket (which we slept with one night so hopefully it smells a little bit like us), and a photobook with some pictures of us, our family, and our puppy. We sent the foster family a few treats, and plan to take them gifts when we travel. We have been looking at flights this week and it is starting to become more real that in just a few months we will (hopefully!) be on our way to Korea!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On another note, tomorrow we have fun plans! For Brad's 30th birthday, I got us tickets to a Nascar race - the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard (in Indianapolis). Brad is a huge Nascar fan, and while Nascar is not really my thing, I do love being with my hubby and seeing him so excited :) And I must admit that there is a little part of me that is looking forward to the roar of the engines tomorrow! It is kind of exciting!

Brad is obviously excited about tomorrow - one of the first things he said to me this morning is that he is declaring today, "The Day of Preparation"! So, apparently...I must go and prepare!

3 comments:

Tina said...

happy car racing!! Sounds fun.
Your care package is adorable too.

Megan said...

The care package must have been so fun to put together! Erik thought the jerky was a great gift to send to the caregivers. I hope your preparation day was successful and that you guys have a great time at the race!

Barry/ Amy said...

Happy Birthday Brad!!! Hope you had a nice time at the racetrack!

The car package looks perfect!!