The weather was perfect, the engines were loud, the husband was smiling...it was a good day! Brad and I are thoroughly exhausted from our trip to Indianapolis for the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, but it was well worth it! We had so much fun and dare I even say it? I enjoyed the race.
Gasp.
For any of you that may know me, this is quite the admission. Nascar to me is fairly dull - I mean, come on - they just go round and round and round! But being there, truth be told, was pretty exciting. Now, if they could just cut the race down from 160 laps to, say, 25 or 30 laps, I might even go to another one :)
Favorite moments of the day - looking over and catching Brad smiling just because he was at a Nascar race, and not being able to keep up with him on the way in to the race track because he was so excited to be at the race. It was a good day :)


Having a scanner to listen to made it much more interesting...when I could hear it over the engines! I couldn't believe how loud they were or how fast they go! It really is pretty amazing.


Famous last words: On the way in Brad said to me, "I don't care who wins the race, as long as it isn't Jimmie Johnson!"
And our congratulations go out to Jimmie Johnson as he wins the 2009 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard!
Oh well, even with that happening, this still falls into the category of "good days to remember"!

4 comments:
So glad you had a great day! Any chance you will do it again?
Curt was so excited that Brad got to see Jimmie win... again!!
I'm so glad you had fun too!!
so i know this is random and has nothing to do with your post, but I want looking at your blog and saw the pic of matthew, and it hit me...I was like "That is their BABY!!!!" and he is going to be in all your family pictures forever because he is a part of your family!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you had fun! I did NASCAR one time and... NEVER AGAIN!
Post a Comment