Monday, January 19, 2009

We Pulled it Off - TWICE!!!!

I couldn't blog about it last week in case my sister, Sarah, checked it...but on Friday night, Joanna (my other sister who lives down the street from me) and I headed to Canada to surprise Sarah. She did not know we were coming to celebrate her 18th birthday with her and we got some very good surprised-face pictures! So good in fact that I asked her if she really did know and was faking!! Nope, this is her "OH MY GOODNESS I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE COMING!" face :)


On Sunday (her actual birthday) we surprised her AGAIN! She thought she was going to lunch with one friend...but there were actually almost 30 of us waiting at the restaurant! So much fun :)

We had a great weekend and I am so thankful we were able to be there with her to celebrate this important birthday. I wish I were a more eloquent writer - I would tell you all about how much my sisters mean to me. But there really aren't words...being with them is just the best EVER!

One last note: TODAY IS FIVE MONTHS ON THE WAITING LIST!!!!! YEY!!!!! It seems like the longer we are on the waiting list, the slower time goes! I just want my little one in my arms :) I just realized I was doing a little dance in my chair - that is how excited I am!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

3 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

I love surprises....how special you got to surprise your sister!!

Congrats on 5 months!!!!! Yay! Each month brings you closer to your baby!

Kristy said...

Her face was the best! I am so glad that you had a good time. Yeah for 5 months!! Many days closer to your little one!

Angela said...

what a fabulous sister you are! I'm sure she felt very very special and lvoed-way to go! And I am so thrilled for you and that we get to share our experience, even though ours is still a few years away:)