It's getting to that point in the winter where I no longer want to leave the house. Not for anything. Once I'm home, I want to be in my comfy clothes, curled up on the couch with a blanket. Eating cookies (which I am about to do again tonight!).
Here's the problem: if I do that until the spring thaw, I will be much rounder in certain areas than I am now, and I for sure will struggle to get back to running. * Sigh *
Isn't it unfair how much work it takes to get into shape, but how quickly that all disappears if you stop working at it?
Another problem: I joined the gym, which is close to my work, but not close to my house. When I go straight from work, it's not a problem. I'm motivated, and I just go and do it. However, when I joined, Brad decided he too wanted to join (with no prompting from me!) and I was super happy to be able to work out with him. I know, I know, it doesn't sound like a problem yet. The problem comes in that we only have one car...and after work, Brad is at home...which is far away from the gym. So I have to drive home to get him, and then go to the gym...which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't sit down when I got home. That is the problem. I sit down on the couch, and I look over at Brad who is all cozy in his recliner...and we smile at each other...and somehow one of us manages to convince the other one that we should go tomorrow instead!
The new plan: Tomorrow I will pack all my stuff, drive home to get Brad, HONK THE HORN, wait for Brad to come outside (I told him he has five minutes from the horn honk!) and change when I get to the gym!
Will it work? I'd better think on it while I eat my cookies...
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Getting There is the Only Problem...
Thoughts from Rachel at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yeah, workout tomorrow and do some for me too, so I don't have to. I made like 3 dozen cookies last night and I am not sure there will be any left by tomorrow night! I feel like I should eat one everytime I pass by them. I think the horn honking is a good idea. I don't have a gym membership though, so I guess I will just have to keep eating my cookies and think about getting one.
Post a Comment