Monday, January 12, 2009

The Almost Birthday Girl!

This weekend we celebrated our niece Abbey's first birthday! I cannot believe it was just a year ago that she joined our family. It is hard to remember what it was like without her and Emma around! Abbey is such a little sweetheart and Brad and I love her to pieces!

Favorite memories from the party:

Abbey eats cake.

She was kind of timid at first...


But pretty soon she realized that cake is good stuff...!





I think it's safe to say she likes cake!


Brad and his brother Josh built Abbey a toy box for her birthday. And when you're one (or two), and you see a toy box, of course you want to be in it!


We had lots of fun celebrating with our family :)

Happy Birthday, Abbey!

3 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Happy Birthday to one cutie-pie!

I passed on a blog award to you today....come and see!

Rachelle said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for visiting my blog! No, I did not write that poem. I'm not sure who did or where I found it...so go for it! I love following adoption journeys! I'll be back!

Kristy said...

Uuuh, just so you know, 4 and 6 year olds empty the toybox to climb in. And then one of them sits on the lid trapping the other. Good times.