Friday, November 28, 2008

It Should Be Called, "Crazy Friday"...

*I just have to post this update because I am SO mad at myself for getting up that early! Brad and I just got back from another trip to Walmart (groceries we needed). It was nice and quiet, no lines...and there, at the back of the store, was a display FULL of the item that I got up early for and stood in line for this morning! UGH! I could have waited till this evening and got the same thing at the same price! How frustrating is that?

I swore I would never do it, but today I did. I got up at 4:30am, headed to Walmart, stood in line for an hour, and got a good deal (I can't say what I bought though because it is a secret present for Brad!).

I think I should have stayed in bed and just paid the extra $50!!!

For those non-Americans out there, let me tell you what you are missing. Today is the day after Thanksgiving, and it is known here as "Black Friday" (I think because it is a day when stores have massive sales which puts them "in the black" instead of "in the red"). Some stores open at 4am and you can usually find great deals. If you are willing to brave the crowds...

People are SO crazy! I cannot believe the amount of people that were in Walmart this morning at 5am. It is the first time in my life I have been in a traffic jam in a PARKING LOT! I told Brad (who was a sweetheart and came with me) that people should only be allowed in the store if they were in a good mood. That would probably have weeded out about 2/3 of the people!

We finished up at Walmart, came home and slept for a couple more hours, and then headed out to a few more stores. I'm not sure why but we just had so much fun. We laughed and got some more good deals, had lunch together...it was a very fun shopping date :)

But I will never, ever, EVER get up before 9am on Black Friday again. Ever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I went for the first time last year to get a steal of a deal on a new winter jacket at Kohl's and ended up leaving because people were being so obnoxious! I agree, you should only get in if you're in a good mood!!!! That was my first AND last black Friday experience!

Kristy said...

Curt just told me that he read on "Yahoo News" that one person was killed today at a Walmart during a rampage to get their deals. Four others were wounded, including a store maintenance man and a pregnant lady. Nothing, and I mean nothing is worth all that. I am glad that you are safe and that you and Brad had a good day.

Megan said...

Unbelievable! Are you sure you got up at 4:30 AM? I always think it is fun to shop early on Black Friday as long as you ignore the cranky shoppers (and drivers).

Angela said...

ya, because of crazy shoppers I had to be at work at 2:30 this morning. sick.

Rachel said...

Sorry! It is all my fault! I encoruaged you to go. You didn't happen to see a big display of the pjs I was looking for did you?

If it makes you feel better I was at Target and the same type of item was all out. They were charging $110 I think. I was there at about 8:45.

Rach@In His Hands said...

I didn't go because I had to work...and that's ok with me!
Some people are just too rude and I'd rather NOT be exposed to many of them on such a crazy shopping day! :)
I hope you're having a relaxing weekend!

Tamara said...

Girl! You are crazy!
So, did you get Brad the Christmas cow? :)