Friday, March 04, 2011

To My Son in Korea

My dear Nathan,

Yesterday you turned 14 months old. You are still so far away from us physically, but you are never far from our thoughts. Yesterday I was just feeling so sad, knowing that it is still going to be months before I get to see your face. I wonder about the things I am missing in your life. I'm guessing that by now you can stand up, crawl, maybe even walk. I wonder what toys you like, what you enjoy doing, what makes you smile. I can't wait until I get to know those things about you! Your sweet face runs through my mind so many times throughout the day. When I see your brother Matthew playing, I can picture you standing beside him and playing with him (or maybe teaching him how to share?? :) I cannot wait to have two little boys running around our house. Matthew has learned how to say your name, but I don't think he has a clue what it means to have a brother! He is in for a big surprise! I think you two will have lots of fun together and I hope you will be the best of friends. I am so glad to know you are happy and loved and cared for in Korea. It would be so much harder if I knew nobody was caring for you and giving you attention, but I am so thankful that your foster mother is doing such a great job of loving you and keeping you happy and healthy. I can't wait to meet her and to tell her 'thank you' for all she has done. I'm sure it will be hard for her to let you go, but I hope we can show her how much we love you and want you to be our little boy. We are so glad that you are going to be our son forever! I can't wait until I can kiss your cheeks and squeeze your little legs and brush that crazy hair of yours :) You are so precious to us and we can't wait until we can come and get you. We love you and we will see you soon!
Mommy

6 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Love. :)

Barry/ Amy said...

I cannot wait until he is with you either :) Hugs to you!!

Abby said...

Beautiful post, Rachel. Love it so much! Hoping you find the joy in today and patience for the wait. Believe it or not, Nathan WILL be home SOON! Hang in there! *hugs*

Arlona said...

I can hardly wait to see pictures of your darling. Such a beautiful post from a very excited, loving momma.

Joe and Shannon said...

Beautifally said!!! We too were matched with a WC little girl at the beginning of Jan and she turned 13 mths last week...its such a bittersweet time waiting.
Can't wait for Nathan to be home!!

BrandiB said...

I know it is so hard to be at this place Rachel. I pray that things move quicker and Nathan is home soon.