Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some Good Stuff

Sickness, temper tantrums, sleepless nights...

it's just the stuff of life.

Knowing it happens to everyone doesn't seem to make it easier.

It's been a long week that has looked mostly like this around here:

Lots of t.v., lots of tears, lots of time stuck in the house.

Lots of prayers, lots of discussions about parenting with the hubby,

lots of hugs, lots of nebulizing, lots of screaming.

This week has felt like a lot.

But.

There have been good things, too.

Lots of reassuring from my mother that this is normal.

Lots of help from my sister, who let me take a nap today while she watched Matthew.

A nap, people. Oh yes, it was wonderful.

Lots of opportunities to watch my husband and realize

once again what an amazing guy I married.

Tons and tons of snuggles and kisses

from this little guy.

He just makes my heart ache with love.

Some more good stuff today -

learning that we will be getting new pictures, video and an update about Nathan sometime in April :) Oh to see his sweet face again...

It's been a tough week, with enough good stuff to get us through.

Thank you, Lord, for the good stuff.

And thanks for carrying us through the rest of it.

5 comments:

Britt said...

I want you to get him in April too!!!! It's gotta be soon doesn't it?

Rach@In His Hands said...

Rachel, your last two lines say it all. Perfect.

Video and pictures!? Yippee!!

Matthew is cute as cute can be in that last photo!!!

Abby said...

Thanks for this post, Rachel - it was just the medicine I need! Big hugs to you and Matthew. Hope today is full of more good stuff!

Janet said...

The hard weeks are sometimes REALLY hard. Yours sounds very rough. I'm sorry. I hope everyone is on-the-mend again. I agree...even when things are really hard, there are always bright spots to carry us through it all. We've had a rough week again here too...sickness, tantrums, & sleep "issues"...they seem to go hand in hand, of course, don't they? A nap? Wow! MAJORLY jealous here!

Excited you'll be getting an update next month. That will feel SO GOOD for you...and carry you through even more.

BrandiB said...

Cannot wait for your update! I know this waiting is hard on the soul :-(